Saturday 12 February 2011

From The House Tick

Saturday February 12
Sitting watching the Manchester derby game, Pam noticed Dave Holman and Christine outside the house. She quickly opened the window and asked if there was anything about. A Ring-necked Parakeet in The Street. Damn pager, only works if I put it on the front window sill - and it wasn't.
Accompanied by Dave, I had a look for it from the back garden, as it was reported flying our way. No luck. Back to the footie.Delighted that Nani had just scored, just before half-time, Dave appeared again. A beautiful male Ring-neck was perched on our telephone wire in the front garden. As I went to the car to collect my camera, it flew into Rai and Barbara's garden opposite. It then rested in a dense willow tree before flying down to a peanut feeder, where it stayed for 20 minutes before I left, leaving Dave, Christine and two other birders still watching.
Still there at the end of the match (2-1 to Man U, yeah !!!), and the sun was out so I was about to try for better photos (not difficult) when it flew off down the road.
Bob Cobbold had been there too latterly and he sent me some great photos to-night. Not a Norfolk tick for us but a beautiful bird for the year list - and 'seen from the garden' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment