Friday 15 April 2011

Will it Stay All Summer?

Thursday April 14
After an enforced 'stay in' morning - waiting for the electricity meter to be changed - and taking Noo to the vet, we made a lunchtime departure for Titchwell.
The Iberian Chiffchaff could be heard singing from Fen Hide as per the pager, it was obviously much further away. The true location was the willows on the Meadow Trail. What a delightful bird. Flitting through the willows, singing away. The last Norfolk bird, in Norwich, stayed all summer.
My first view was from a mere six feet away, at just above head height, as I rounded the corner. I managed to take a few photos before it moved further away.


Iberian Chiffchaff


News of a Little Ringed Plover on the fresh marsh took us opn an unplanned walk. I returned to the car for my scope whilst Pam waited on a seat. The LRP was rather distant but i could see its eye ring. Whilst I was scanning, I heard the shutter click. Pam was taking this pair of Shoveller with my camera. She's usually very wary of using it.



Near Island Hide, the pair of Garganey were again asleep !! I was able to photograph a Spotted Redshank and a Ruff, both moulting into summer plumage.



Goony bird Ruff

Spotted Redshank

No sign of any Ring Ouzels at Friary Hills but we were footsore by then and gave up rather easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment