Tuesday 2 August 2011

This and that

Sunday July 31
We fancied a ride out and decided on Cley Marsh. Always hopeful, I paused on the bridge to see a ball of dark fluff in the middle of the duckweed covered dyke. The Water Vole immediately swam into the side vegetation. Although Pam was behind me, she failed to see it, much to her chagrin.
Pam spotted a Common Lizard on the edge of the boardwalk, body flattened to make full use of the newly emerged morning sun. I had to retreat a fair distance because I only had my 400 mm lens  which only focuses down to about 20  feet.


Daukes was half full when we arrived, soon leaving Pam and I and, a man we know well by sight, to occupy the western corner which has the best view of the pool. Pat's is very slowly filling but only occupied by a scattering of Lapwing as yet. They seem to have finished the excavation work.
The flock of Spoonbill, spooked by a plane, had flown to North Scrape as we left the car, 16 we were told !
A Green Sandpiper, 4 juvenile Spot Shanks, 2 Yellow-legged Gulls and a Reed Warbler were the highlights of a very pleasant hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment