Wednesday 11 September 2013

Another Try

Wednesday September 11

Seawatching reports from yesterday, Cromer, Sheringham and Cley, did not mention any rarities, a regular passage of Skuas, mainly Arctic, Manx and Sooty Shearwaters, no Sabine's nor Petrels. We thought we'd try our luck at Walcott again.
Parking on the cement where the ice-cream van is  normally found, we found a splendid foaming, crashing, high spraying sea coming up to high tide. I got out to try and do the scene justice - I couldn't - and became aware that I was being sprayed. Not good for car nor optics. 



Mundesley in the distance

Towards the shops - I caught a bird in this - didn't know.

No birds at sea either, just a few Turnstones huddled on the road. We retreated to the warmth of home, me to the joys of shucking, blanching, cooling, scraping and freezing of all the remaining sweetcorn which Kevin dug for me this morning.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment