Sunday 29 September 2013

Despite the Wind

Sunday September 29

Pam has an aversion to wind, especially the blustery easterly blowing hard to-day - but the sun was shining.
We parked at the triangle and walked out to the three hides - still don't remember their names in the right order. I believe that we started off in Simmonds, the central one, huddled up in the westerly corner to avoid the worst of the wind. A photographer (no bins) was hogging two flaps in the most sheltered places. Hundreds of mostly eclipse Wigeon, a few Lapwing, Teal, Canada Geese and Mallard. I braved looking at Pat's Pool where there were Avocets, a Curlew Sandpiper and five hunched, feather ruffled Grey Herons.
The light was lovely, I wasn't going to carry my camera out without taking some photographs. I thought I'd practice some flight shots......



Pintail - I didn't know what they were until after I'd taken them !

Wigeon


Wigeon coming into breeding plumage

Rook
















A distant fly through of five Brent Geese were our first of the winter. 
We were home mid afternoon after a very enjoyable morning.







No comments:

Post a Comment