Monday 30 September 2013

Elusive 100

Monday September 30

Couldn't leave my September Norfolk list at 99. 
Maybe Barton Broad would produce a Cetti's for me, it normally does. Not to-day it didn't. Plenty of activity in the carr along the boardwalk, Jay, Great Spotted Woodpecker, elusive warblers and dozens of Common Red Dragonflies. 



Whilst in the wooded area, I heard an unfamiliar warbler call which I'm pretty sure was Yellow-browed, there are several around at the moment. Until recently, I've never had the call on tape. My IPhone app has it at last. I haven't heard one since Scilly three years ago,  so that will not be countable !

The Broad had the last of the boat trippers, about ten Great Crested Grebes, Teal, 20+ Cormorants and a distant float of Black-headed and Black-backed Gulls. Sitting on the end of the boardwalk in the sun was very pleasant, mostly sheltered from the south easterly wind.



Later, at home, whilst continuing with the cleaning and trimming of a huge harvest of onions drying in the greenhouse, I heard Long-tailed Tits !! 100 done.

No comments:

Post a Comment