Sunday 23 March 2014

Lethargy

Saturday March 22

We sorted  last night's moth catch first - 74 of them, our biggest of the year but of only 7 species, Clouded Drab the only new one - then drove to Cley Centre via Gunton. Still no hirundine over the lake.
We both love the view over the marshes from Cley Cafe, we barely beat the coach party rush and got window seats. Nothing to do with the scones............
After a chat with Pat, we drove to Beach Road car park . 13 Wheatears had been reported in the Eye Field. They usually start off at the North Hide ( washed away) hide and make their way west. We saw four from the car park at the west end. Always a delight. I had no intention of walking as Pam has a stubborn upper respiratory infection - again - or should it be still?
I intended going to Minsmere  on Sunday for the digiscoping display and talk, until I found that it was Viking Optics based. I have none of their products and Pam should be resting more. I shall probably finish sorting my talk for Monday's Gt Yarmouth Bird Club instead of leaving it until Monday.
I do have some gardening to do too.
Manchester United won again, West Ham this time, Roo scored a wonder Beckhamesque goal from halfway, lobbing the keeper. What was amazing was that Becks was in the crowd to witness it. The cameras panned straight to him and youngest son Cruz.
My younger grandson's Futsal team won their league this week too. He's an Arsenal supporter !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment