Sunday 22 October 2017

Last Lap

Saturday October 21

Having had a disturbed night - car park shenanigans - we left before the anticipated time. Morrison's for fuel and a Telegraph for me, my favourite edition of the week. The cryptic and general knowledge crossword puzzles keep me puzzled for much of the journey. On and off reading, birding and doing word games. I am so lucky that I can occupy myself thus in the car, with only the occasional rest.
We did take in another visit to Budle Bay. Acres of bare mud again and, very distant birds, did not  keep us long.
An uneventful journey, thank goodness, punctuated by a lunch stop to buy food at Scotch Corner services, which was heaving. 
Still no sign of the forecast storm, Brian. A little wind yes, no more than expected at this time of year and, no rain.
We have a few journey punctuation marks along the way. The Angel of the North at Newcastle,  furnaces at Goole in Yorkshire, leaving the A1 at Newark and the 'Norfolk, Nelson's County' sign after crossing rhe Welland. No bird news to divert our journey to-day. I've turned my pager back to Alert for Norfolk. It was a Carrion Crow call for N Scotland, a Herring Gull for Norfolk. Much more acceptable than pips and sirens.
Home to a pile of post, comfortable chairs and a slow internet as John is next door and must be on my router much of the time. I didn't allow him access for this amount of time, just during his mother's  funeral days but, it seems churlish to tell him not to use it . Pam thinks that I should change the code.......

No comments:

Post a Comment