Thursday 25 January 2018

Countable?

Tuesday January 23

Our first Treecreeper of the year and an always delightful, Nuthatch, at Natural Surroundings had our small group purring. 
Having had a quick look at Letheringsett ford, seeing many birders, no parking place and no Redpoll of any variety: our next call was Glandford ford. A small constantly flitting bird amongst the tree roots eventually showed well enough to ID as a Firecrest. A pleasurable surprise.
Yes, there was a flock of Brent along Cley Beach Road. Pam had a good look on the way out when I thought I'd seen a Pale-bellied bird. On the way back, The flock was on my side and a sole Pale-bellied Brent Goose waddled towards me, had a swim and preen, climbed out and raised its wings. The day was very dull with low dark grey cloud, therefore poor light. My edited image was better than I expected. Can't find the original.....this is a copy from an Email I sent Mike.

IMG_9160.JPG

Another fruitless look for the Purple Sandpiper from the Cliff car park at Sheringham.

No comments:

Post a Comment