Tuesday 24 April 2018

Hatched

Tuesday April 24

Having deferred our departure,  missing out the steep staircase at Langdon Beck and going straight to Berwick on Tweed, I was able to hear the cries of the Estonian White-tailed Eagle as she rose from her nest, showing that the egg had hatched overnight. The chick was still lying in the remnants of the shell. What a joyous experience, being witness to that and the pair bonding on the edge of the nest. The male has brought in three fish to-day, triggered by the chick I suppose, although I am yet to see it fed.
I have the sound on and only look when one of the adults calls. It is also possible to hear the chick chirping. 
Background Cranes continue to make the most noise.  
I could not resist taking some photos from my PC monitorof rather dubious quality but a pleasing record.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment