Monday 19 February 2018

Not a Lot

Monday February 19

Two weeks best forgotten. No birding, lots of medical appointments. pam had her carpal tunnel operation last Tuesday so ........enforced non driving. Still hardly any vision in my left eye making it inadvsable for me to drive.
The weekend's lovely sunshine encouraged me to inspect my alpine troughs. Two of my baby irises are in bloom and at their best.



 Others are either past it or yet to come.
The acacia is covered in blossom, it will look great in a few days time. Very encouraging that it's doing well despite the really cold weather of the past few weeks. We needn't have kept it in the hreenhouse for all those years.
Our first Siskin of the year was a beautiful male on the garden feeders. The Marsh Tit and Nuthatch visit sporadically - I've missed them both - and the Tawny Owls were calling well last night. Until I went out that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment