Tuesday 13 March 2018

Spring Surprises

Tuesday March 13

After coffee and Snowy Owl chat at National Surroundings cafe, we intended  trying for Woodlark on Kelling Heath. Our first diversion was along Waterworks Lane in Cley, where a Woodcock swerved out from the left and flew directly ahead of us down the lane.

Beach Road had its usual large flock of Brent Geese, which formed a dense black cloud as they took off and flew towards Blakeney freshmarsh. 
I mentioned soon looking for our first Wheatear to Pam. David (the dog) was in the car park. As we left, he motioned for me to wind my window down, having seen a female Wheatear earlier which had flown out of sight.  I scanned from the car park, drawing a blank. Room to park at the sluice from where I scoped a pristine female Wheatear posing on top of the stone/broken pipe/brick remains near the far ridge. I attempted some optimistic photography, and again when it flew down to feed in the tufty grass.


Not our earliest spring sighting. Always a joy, a favourite spring bird. Now for Sand Martin, a Tern and Swallow. 
Must amend yesterday's Blog entry, I missed out a few pleasing sightings.

No comments:

Post a Comment