Tuesday 2 February 2021

Exemption Day

 Tuesday, February 2

Monday

We needed to collect a new tripod from Cley Spy yesterday. My camera and lens combo is both heavy, and difficult to control in poor light, making for iffy sharpness. Much easier and more maneuverable to use, when sitting down, if it's mounted on a tripod. Well, that's what I decided. I like buying camera gear! This seemed like an excellent excuse reason.

Along the way, we found a year tick, first called by Pam. A pair of diminutuve, extremely active, hide and seek expert, Goldcrest. This is the best photo I managed.


A brief seaside visit saw plenty of Teal.


Before setting off, whilst Pam was organising  Andrea for her morning gardening tasks, they saw a Grey Wagtail fly in to our pond. I didn't. 

 Tuesday

Sam's day to clean our home - and prescription collection date. Unlike yesterday, it was dull, overcast, with rain first thing. Yesterday was mostly bright and sunny. Pam thinks that that is our weather pattern at the moment. One day good followed by one day not good. 

We came home from North Walsham along some back lanes. The main road is due to be closed soon, we need to find an alternative route, as I have an Eye Clinic appointment next Monday morning. Not before time, as I had to close my left eye in order to focus clearly on a Curlew Pam had found.

A small cloud of mixed finches scattered along the hedgerows before disappearing into the distance. We identified Chaffinches, and the year tick Yellowhammers. Against what light there was, nothing else was definitely discernible. Frustrating. 

As I write, the sun has appeared......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment