Tuesday 13 July 2021

A Blast From the Past

 Tuesday, July 13

If you read my recent Blog about our week on the Lleyn, you may remember the visit we made to the camping ground on Williams' Farm in the Ogwen Valley.  Or the tale of the storm which blew down and ruined tents. 

Yesterday, I received an email from a past student, Sue, a grandmother herself, who first got in touch with us about fifteen years ago. She was present on that stormy camping trip and remembers it well.

Best, and most astonishing of all, she had come across a photograph of a Duke of Edinburgh's Award Silver expedition by Holmshill School, Borehamwood,  to that same campsite, in 1963. She found it on Facebook. A 25 year old me appears on the right forefront, next to Frank Welbourne.. I've never seen it before, To quote my daughter Sara, ''Good lord! How big was your hair, mum? Nearly as big as Mick’s trousers!

 


Thank you Sue. For the photo and the memories.

1 comment: