Tuesday 5 October 2021

The Boss

Tuesday October 5

A busy Monday, researching and ordering a new lawn mower - ours died - and then completing an hour long re-application for  a Blue Badge. Fortunately, I checked the date on my Blue Badge, finding to my horror that it ran out on September 27. I should have checked earlier. The form is horrendous, requiring several documents regarding disability, proof of identity, proof of home address, a photograph etc. I'd expected that applying for a new one would be simple compared with the first one. It wasn't.

I was looking forward to a morning's birding.to-day, moth-ing at NS is on Wednesdays from now on. It rained very heavily overnight, it continued to do so until after ten o'clock. Remarkably, our moth traps had more moths than for a week or two. It included Mallow, Green Brindled Crescent and two Palpita Vitrialis, all new for the year. A beautiful Red Underwing and Dark Chestnut too.The Brick pictured below was a Sunday night trap, also  new for the year.

 

We eventually decided to leave Sam to clean the house in peace, driving to our chiropodist appointment in Sheringham via the back of Gunton Hall. Despite a wire fence and undergrowth, I was able to take a few photos of a magnificent Fallow deer stag and his hinds. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment