Saturday 17 October 2020

Not Happy

 Saturday, October 17th

I was not at all happy with the photo of the Red-backed Shrike from the back, which my editing programme had made look like a different bird from the photo below. I have now done my own editing and changed the photo to this one.

 


 Also agonising over the Rufous-tailed Scrub-robin reported at Stiffkey this morning. The parking there is limited, the approach road narrow and its a bit of a marsh walk out. Just not possible for us. Friend Pauline, whose birthday it is to-day, decided to escape the mayhem, although her partner saw it.

54 moths of 16 species this morning, Black Rustic the most in number. Everyone loves Merveille de Jour, I am no exception, some are brighter than others.

 


Satellites are exceptionally bright at the moment too.

 


My camera can never seem to capture accurately the shades of a Red-green Carpet , this one leaned to the green side. Some are really red.


 Maybe next year I'll try and pose them on a natural background, rather than egg boxes or green felt. Some Facebook posters do so beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment