Wednesday 2 December 2020

Eye - left

 Tuesday, December 1
 
Not the way I would choose to spend the first day of the month. A 9.15 appointment at Cromer Hospital Eye Clinic - six weekly routine - became a return trip. As is almost usual, I needed another Lucentis injection in my left eye, which suffers from a retinal bleed  That is, a leaking capillary. Instead of going directly to the theatre, I was asked to return early afternoon. 
Should we go home and come back? It was a lovely sunny day, we drove to Sheringham Cliff car park. One juvenuile Gannet, a Guillemot, a Red-throated Diver, 20+ Turnstones and assorted gulls. The sea was tremendous. High tide, the rolling breakers crashing onto the rocky breakwaters below - where the Turnstones were playing chicken with the waves. 
A well clad Pauline appeared beside us, she'd been sea-watching from the shelter. She left for the warmth of her car and a cup of coffee at Sheringham, we drove to Salthouse and then, Iron Road.  

A flock of Brent geese is always worth a scope through. This one contained about two hundred birds, all feeding avidly on the succulent grass. Found it. Not the Black Brant I initially thought it was, I wasn't wearing my glasses, but the Pale-bellied Brent again. Better views this time. I re-identified it when I got home and looked at my enlarged photos.

 

We lunched at Selbrigg with very close views of Marsh, Blue, Great and Coal Tits, feeding within a metre of the car. Great. Our garden birds are nothing like as confiding. 

Back to Cromer for my 27th injection - at least it gives me some vision in that eye. Not as horrific as it seems, they use a good pain deadener.

No comments:

Post a Comment