Saturday 25 September 2021

Bugs and Iolo

 Thursday September 23

We were meeting friend Pauline after moths at Cley Later than usual, we were there when Uolo Williams came off the rserve and walked up to the car park.Excitement had spread earlier, when news of his presence came through. Ian had noticed that Euan's vehicle - a Mull wildlife guide - was in the car park. Iolo was part of that group. I am not a celebrity chaser, but I like and admire Iolo. And he's Welsh. He loitered in the car park for a while, allowing a small group of admirers which included Pauline and Pam, to take his photograph from the terrace. Iolo went off to the picnic tables to eat with his group. We continued to chat.

A few of Pam's photos

 




We park in the disabled space nearest to the centre. Making our farewells to Pauline, I strapped up, looking up to see Iolo and a man walking towards us. The rubbish bins were next to the car. As they debated what was recycling or not, I said ' Prynhawn da Iolo', through my already open window. He greeted me back, asking how I was. Having responded to this, I left him in peace and we drove off. They get enough unwanted attention from the public. He called a farewell as we drove away. Nice man. 

Very little in the moth traps at home, apart from a couple of small insects.

 

Ant Damsel Bug



Pimpla Rufipes Black Slip Wasp

No comments:

Post a Comment