Wednesday 1 April 2020

Day 17 - Escape

Tuesday, April 1

We escaped for two hours whilst Sam and Adrian did the cleaning/gardening. Most of the time was spent in Pygney Woods car park  Just us and three cars of dog walkers. I still felt guilty at being out of the house but consoled myselt with knowing that we were safer in the car than those out walking.
Someone had scattered some food on a nearby picnic table. Enjoyed by Great Tit, Blue Tit, Dunnock, Grey Squirrel and Wood Pigeon.
It's easy to ignore the pigeon's subtle shades of colour.



Horse Chestnut sticky buds glistened in the sunshine.


Primroses along the approach lane verge gladdened the heart.


I find Magpies very difficult to photograph. As soon as the car stops, they fly off. this one (for my year folder) was too busy calling from the top of a street lamp, its tail only appearing on the last note. His rocking looked a bit of an effort.


On my daily garden walk, I remembered to look at the second Acacia which is coming into bloom. Bought in error, no name label, it was forgotten and a Hazel tree planted in front of it.
It's grown.



Nearing the bottom of the garden, I noticed a butterfly flitting about. I called Pam who identified it as a Comma - I didn't have my glasses on.It eventually settled on the grass, allowing a few quick photos, its wings never still, constantly opening and closing. Was it drinking dew? There weren't any flowers there.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment