Sunday 12 April 2020

Happy Easter

Sunday, April 12

Whether on diet or not, we always have Hot Cross Buns and Easter Eggs on the Easter weekend. 
Sara always had a present tucked inside her egg. It was quite a feat getting the paper off in one piece and replacing it. Getting it out of and back into the box wasn't easy either. One year it was a swimsuit.
Our buns were courtesy of Pete next door who shopped in Sainsbury's on Thursday.
Two weeks ago, when I tried to get easter eggs online, I discovered that the Cadbury's site had been inundated and closed. I eventually found a site which would let me have caramel eggs - Pam's favourite - so I ordered 'a box'. Rather discomfited when the delivery date was the end of next week,  Pam asked Justine to get us one each from Waitrose. This is what she got.


 On Thursday, I took delivery of a new keyboard for my PC - the letters had worn off on many keys of my old one and the paper ones stuck on had also given up the ghost - under the keyboard was the 'box' of eggs. 48 Cadbury's caramel eggs, same size as the cream eggs. We think that there were 48 to start with.


Pam played Easter Bunny this morning. She didn't have the ears nor the fluffy tail, just shorts, and a polo shirt. She delivered an egg each to all the neighbours who have been helping us with the shopping. That will help our COVID19 diet (keep the fridge door opening) a little.
After delivery, she decided to do a little pond fishing.


No Cod, just the occasional Newt, and Toadlet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment